Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Something

I've been feeling just a little bit blue today, and when I get blue I often have the urge to throw out everything I own, or clean, or organize. Today I had the urge to complete a major project in my house. Unfortunately, I have made a pact with myself that I wouldn't start any new projects until I have completed at least 1 old project. So even though I wanted to paint some doors white, I couldn't because my concrete floor in my dining room still has carpet glue on it. And since those types of projects are just too big to tackle on a regular work day, I decided to do some virtual projects. Now I have the satisfaction of reupholstering and refinishing my living room sofa and chair, as well as tiling and refinishing my fireplace. 

Here are my before pictures. And they actually are Before pictures because I've painted the room light gray and the baseboards white. There is also a different photo arrangement above the fireplace now. 
But I digress.





And After!



It may not be exactly what I want in the future, but I like it more than pink. And I had fun learning the new photoshop tricks that I used to complete this project. I also have that lovely feeling of satisfaction that I would have had if I'd actually done something today.

3 comments:

  1. I love that couch and chair. Did you reupholster them all by yourself? I hope you can come over to our house when we move and give me some advice, because my furniture is ugly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized that was all virtual. I still think you are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily!!! I didn't even realize you'd commented on this post. I would LOVE to come to your new house and give you advice when you move!!

      Delete